Cookies come in different types with different ingredients. The most popular kind of cookies include chocolate, and other ingredients are just as delicious as chocolate. One such ingredient is coconut.
These cookies are crunchy, crumbly, and chewy with the delicacy of coconut flavour. Above all, the recipe is pretty easy to make. You can bake the cookies, cool them, store them in the jar, and they are a perfect snack for tea time, midnight craving and even in breakfast.
Although the cookies taste delicious just the way they are, if you want to experiment by adding more ingredients, here are a few ideas to help you out:
- Nuts: You can add a few nuts to add more texture to the cookies. Chopped nuts like almonds, pistachios and pecans not just add crunch but also go perfectly well with coconut.
- Glaze: Serve these coconut cookies at your kid’s birthday party or holiday dinner table. Mix coconut milk with sugar and prepare a glaze to top your cookies.
- White chocolate: Drizzle coconut cookies with melted white chocolate and add coconut flakes and sprinkles as a garnish.
- Chips: Think of adding white chocolate chips or caramel chips to the dough to add more flavour and texture to the cookies.
Freezing the cookies
Here is the good news! You can prepare a large batch and freeze the cookies without baking them. Isn’t it awesome? Simply follow the recipe up till scooping the dough onto the parchment-lined baking tray. Instead of placing the tray in the oven, you can put it in the freezer for 6-8 hours. Once they are frozen, remove them from the tray and place them in a zip-lock plastic bag. This way, you can freeze these for about 2 months. When you want to bake them, place them on the baking tray and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes. How simple is that!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- In an electric mixer bowl, add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and beat at a low speed until the mixture creams out.
- Next, add vanilla extract and egg. Continue to beat at slow speed until the better is light and fluffy.
- Add flour to the mixture slowly and continue to beat.
- Lastly, add coconut and fold using a spatula.
- Line the baking tray with parchment.
- Scoop two tablespoons of mixture on to a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 10 minutes or until the sides begin to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down a bit. Place the cookies on a cooling rack.