If you think butter cookies are the best, try this peanut butter cookie recipe! You will get cookies that are not just buttery but have the right balance of sweet and salt. In other words, these cookies are pure pleasure.
Making peanut butter cookies is very easy. Having an electric mixer will make things even easier. But, if you don’t have an electric mixer, you can mix everything with a spatula as well. However, it will take a little more time.
Here is a detailed ingredient breakdown of everything you need for this recipe:
- Peanut butter: now you can’t make peanut butter cookies without peanut butter, can you? I like to use smooth peanut butter, but you can also use chunky peanut butter.
- Sugar: for this recipe, I’ve used white and brown sugar. You can either use light or dark brown sugar. It depends on you. However, note that dark brown sugar will result in a caramel-like flavour.
- Butter: Use unsalted melted butter. However, make sure it is at room temperature.
- Flour: It is ideal to use all-purpose flour for the purpose.
- Egg: Make sure the egg is t room temperature.
- Vanilla extracts: Vanilla extracts bring is a subtle vanilla flavour. It is an optional ingredient, and you can totally skip it.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is an essential ingredient when baking. However, don’t confuse it with baking soda. These are a bit different.
What are you waiting for? Indulge in the buttery, deliciousness of peanut butter cookies and enjoy these on every occasion. Also, these are perfect for gifting as well. Let them cool on a cooling rack, and store them in an airtight jar, and they are good to go for a longer period. However, bear in mind that you won’t be able to keep your hands off these!
Preparation time: 05 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ egg, room temp
½ tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking powder and mix well.
- In an electric mixer, add sugar and butter and beat at low speed until it becomes creamy.
- Add peanut butter and mix and low speed until it is well incorporated.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and all-purpose flour and continue to beat until it is mixed well.
- Scoop out two tablespoons of dough mixture and place on the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Flatten cookies with the back of a spoon or fork.
- Place the baking tray in a parchment-lined oven for 350-degree F for 10 minutes or until the sides begin to crisp up.
- Once done, let them cool down on a cooling rack.